Published on 05/03/2017 by Brady

The run-around forehand can be one of the most deadly forehands when executed properly. In today’s lesson Brady demonstrates the unique footwork needed to get in position for this effective shot.

13 comments

• Dennis Nielson 7 months ago

very useful. I'm going to put it to practice.

• stevefrommi 7 months ago

And I get that there are bits and pieces of that type of strategy out there (ex. Wardlaw directionals), but what I want is a comprehensive discussion of every option and whether it is good or bad for any particular situation.I need a FULL playbook.

• stevefrommi 7 months ago

I really liked the Federer's Plays video series. I wish wish wish there was an entire tennis playbook, the way they make a basketball playbook. Not only should there be set plays with adaptable shot / position sequencing, but there should also be a playbook on how to defend against every "offensive" play.ex. If someone hits a Federer slice out wide on the deuce court and steps up to go early to the other corner, what are my options on the return game? Should I hit a slice, lob, or topspin…… down the line, center, or crosscourt? After I hit, where should I go to be in good position for the next shot? When should I move in to the net or move further back behind the line to defend?There are good and bad answers to each one of those questions for any given situation, but you don't have time on the court to figure it out. It would help immensely to have actual plays to set up and run at any given moment.

• Mission College Tennis 7 months ago

Like that front crossover step. So deadly!

• Khaled Hussien 7 months ago

I have a problem in my toss the ball always be far away from me . What should i do?

• Peter Krueger 7 months ago

again another great tip from you, Brady, thank you, you are the best of all internet-coaches.

• warcraft100688 7 months ago

Very good!!! Important tips that we don't usually hear

• James Murphy 7 months ago

I will try that out. Great advice!

• Shimassi 7 months ago

Ohh front crossover step, I'll have to try that out sometime XD

• Caldwell Kelley 7 months ago

Super useful Technique Brady …Thanks ..I've been interested in improving this motion now that my forehand is showing improvement. Kudos Sir!

• Richard Ramsey 7 months ago

Hi, I am finding your easy bite sized lessons really useful. Can you help me deal with a crisis this weekend? I am right handed and playing a left handed opponent who swings his serves out wide on the adv side ie to my backhand. How do I get to the serve, how do I position myself to counter the away swing and how do I play the return of serve. Help needed urgently

• Javier Martín 7 months ago

I cant see the kickserve video. Same issue?

• wh hw 7 months ago

hello' i'll watch this video carefully. but do you have the possible next shot? if the opponent hit in the opening ( our forehand). on the run forehand …. thx