Published on 04/13/2017 by Brady

The path the racket travels along with the angle of the racket are two major factors that determine the direction of the tennis ball. In today’s lesson, Brady demonstrates how the angle of the racket at contact will greatly dictate the direction on a serve.

22 comments

• Felo 5 months ago

Hi Brady. You have a good knee bend, but you do not jump into the court. Your left foot never leaves the ground. Your right foot swings around into the court. Can you talk about that in some future video. Thanks.

• ale giaco 5 months ago

I just bought the speed xt pro, loving it!

• David Sheats 5 months ago

Good info as usual Brady. Will be incorporating into my strategies going forward

• Daniel Gomez 5 months ago

Another Great video !

• Nadya Melnikov 5 months ago

thank you, Brady! You've got a really great serve! And I'm waiting for complete course on the serve!

• Joel Suraj 5 months ago

any mistakes in my serve action??

• Thomas Michalski 5 months ago

Your serve must be hard to break. Are you playing at a 5.5?

• Alex Fortuna 5 months ago

Hey Brady, nice video as usual. Camera angle and zoom aren't that good to "spot the difference" like you've mentioned. Here's an idea for an add-on video: a) no talking, all said here; b) camera right behind your back, not angled, not overzoomed so we see the ball and the racket; c) shoot 3 times at each target, slo-mo; d) same stance, same position, same grip like in this video. That'd be incredibly helpful for our practice. Thanks! πŸ€—

• Nikola Ostojic 5 months ago

You are making awesome videos! Thank you!

• Keith Ka Fai Lo 5 months ago

It may help if you make a split screen showing both 0:58 and 1:33 ( synchronized so that the ball is contacted at the same time ). Also 2:35, 2:53. Because now I think I see the slightly outward contact point in the wide serve, but am not very sure.

And do you mean the only difference is the contact point? Body movement is the same? Foot orientation too ( angle of the body relative to the net )? If I make the same contact point but change the foot orientation, yes the opponent may easily spot my intention, but is it also a safe accurate way to adjust the angle? Because the problem I have is accuracy rather than disguise.

• Eddie JC 5 months ago

Fantastic video! Combining your previous ones with this video, I feel like I canΒ find my target a lot easier while serving.Β  Thx a lot, coach Brady !

• Eduardo Martin Salaverri 5 months ago

Hi Coddy, thank you very much for this tip. Now, this applies to the same stance when serving?…. I do have a difficulty on the stance when serving, that's the why of my Q. Thanks again! Keep up with this great work you are doing.

• Doug Martin 5 months ago

Fantastic video! Thank you very much for posting this.

• DK Ang 5 months ago

After pretty much a year off recovering from my MCL and meniscus/coronary ligament sprain, I struggled finding the aim on my out wide and T serves. I could hit one, or hit the other, sometimes neither. Now I see that I was making it too complicated This is going to help a lot — it is really nothing I have to do, just intend, and my brain will do it for me!

• Ravi _ 5 months ago

Great video. Perhaps you can give us more imagery cues in addition to "Hit the right side of ball to serve wide etc". I think I have heard some people talk about "throwing your shoulder to target" , "pointer finger to target", … Things like that.

• Louis Cyphre 5 months ago

@3:04 good edit

• Egbert Meier 5 months ago

You are landing on your right foot after serving. I usually see pro's landing on their left foot.

• Sz Ki 5 months ago

your serve motion is great. wish you would do a how to video of your serve action

• Bass Bros- Michael & Morgan 5 months ago

Hey u guys should give a ten dollar gift card to the first comment to get people to turn on notifications. For dat πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’΅πŸ’ΈπŸ’΅πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’΅

• MP 5 months ago

I don't know, Brady. Four videos and no cones? I guess you get what you pay for, right? Great series, though. I was looking to see if your follow thru changed at all here and I couldn't really see any differences. Should we be thinking about following thru differently on the serve based on where you want to serve the ball?

• Bass Bros- Michael & Morgan 5 months ago